Englewood Lodge Bed & Breakfast
105 King Edward Road,
Isle Of Man
A fabulous location
Englewood Lodge is situated in a beautiful residential area, just outside the hustle and bustle of Douglas’ main promenade.
Set in an elevated position on Onchan Head, the lodge benefits from greats view overlooking Douglas bay and has free parking right on the driveway.
- We are less than a 10 minute drive away from the Gaiety Theatre on the promenade and the centre of Douglas, home to a range of restaurants, shops and attractions
- We are less than a 10 minute walk away (700m) from the King Edward Bay Golf Club
- We are a short drive away from all the Manx National Heritage attractions
The Electric Tram
In the summer months, the Manx Electric Railway is a very convenient way to start exploring the Island.
The tram stop is a just couple of minutes from our front door (500m/546 yards).
The tram travels south to the capital, Douglas, and north to the village of Laxey where you can see the famous Laxey Wheel, the Laxey Woollen Mills and more. From here you can also continue by tram to the top of the Island’s highest mountain, Snaefell.
Various types of travel tickets are available allowing you access to all forms of transport around the island.
More ways to get around
The Island is a great size to be easy to explore in a number of different ways:
- Taxis are available both from the Sea Terminal and Ronaldsway Airport – we can book one for you in advance if required.
- The majority of car hire companies are based at Ronaldsway Airport in Ballasalla which makes it easy to get yourself on the road as soon as you land. Alternatively, some companies will arrange delivery in advance to the Sea Terminal if you are arriving to the Island by ferry.
- You can plan your journey by public transport online
- There are plenty of lovely walks in surrounding glens and picturesque cliff top walks along the coastal path